UPDATED: Sep 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Most people don’t base their automobile purchases on how much that particular make or model will cost them in insurance premiums. But in some situations, the insurance costs on particular makes and models can make a huge difference to your pocketbook.
If you’re currently in the market for a new vehicle, your auto insurance coverage options should be factored into the overall cost. And if you’re looking at an Acura, then you’ve come to the right place. We’ll let you know all about the pros and cons of taking out an insurance policy on one of these vehicles.
To find the best rates you can use our FREE comparison tool to find Acura car insurance quotes right now.
All About Acura Auto Insurance
The Acura line of vehicles owes its lineage to the Honda Corporation. While Honda was founded back in 1946, Acura vehicles and the company itself are much younger. It wasn’t until 1986 that Honda decided to Branch off and start its own luxury line of vehicles, separate from the regular Honda brand. Although Honda is a Japanese company, he’s luxury Vehicles were first introduced in North America, followed by Hong Kong, Mexico, China, and Russia and subsequent years. Due to the financial crisis of 2008, Acura vehicles have yet to hit the Japanese domestic Market.
Acura, as an automobile manufacturer, aims to achieve a level of excellence beyond that of regular luxury vehicles. The company sets itself apart from their Honda counterparts based on a Higher standard of luxury and performance. A brand new Acura could cost you anywhere from $28,000 for a 2018 Acura ILX to $55,000 for a 2017 Acura RLX. Oddly enough, the base price for their Compact and regular size SUVs can be cheaper than their luxury sedans under the right circumstances. Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance Quotes for Popular Acura Vehicles
The new Fleet of 2018 Acura Vehicles consists of five different models:
- The ILX, a compact sports sedan for those drivers who want luxury at a price that is still relatively affordable for the average driver
- The TLX, a performance luxury sedan which combines the excellence which Acura owners hold dear with a price tag that shouldn’t break most people’s budgets
- The RDX, a luxury crossover SUV which can accommodate a moderate-sized family at a moderate price when compared to similar vehicles
- The RLX, the luxury flagship sedan that Acura has been best known for it over the years; But with a base MSRP of over $54,000, this luxury sedan is not for the faint of heart
- The MDX, Acura’s attempt to keep up with the Joneses of the car manufacturer world; it has a lower base MSRP compared to similar models from BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi
Discontinued models from previous years include the NSX, a sporty hot rod; the TSX, a medium sized entry level luxury sedan (with a sports wagon version of the same model), and the TL, Another midsize luxury sedan which was discontinued in 2014.