Travelers Auto Insurance: Do They Offer Competitive Pricing for Accident-Free Drivers?
AutoinsuranceEZ.com Rating:Travelers is one of the older insurance companies in the market today. They have been around since 1853, and offer a wide variety of automotive insurance and other financial products in 42 states. They market their policies through a network of independent agents who receive their training from Travelers Claim University. Travelers is also an international entity with offices selling products in Canada, Ireland, and the UK.
Travelers Insurance Review
Travelers is well known for its financial strength. According to AM Best, the company has earned an impressive A++ rating, which puts its financial stability above several other agencies in the market today. But, according to some angry customer reviews, this financial strength may come from lowballing the amount they agree to pay out on claims and/or dropping customers who get into accidents.
|BBB Composite Score||3.87 out of 5 stars|
Travelers Insurance Discounts
Travelers is such a large company that they can’t offer every discount in every state. Likewise, the maximum possible savings might be lower in your area due to laws and regulations which vary by state. But if you actually sit down with a Travelers agent to discuss your policy, make sure you ask which of the following discounts you are eligible for:
|Discount Type||Maximum % Savings|
|Accident Prevention Course||5%|
Travelers Auto Insurance Options
Basic policies from Travelers start with coverages needed for most motorists to drive legally, which include:
- Medical Payments
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
- Personal Injury Protection
For added protection, you can also choose to purchase the following types of coverage:
- Gap Insurance – worried about finding yourself upside-down on a new car loan or lease? This coverage pays the full replacement costs (instead of the actual cash value) of your totaled vehicle
- Towing & Labor – Helps pay for the costs of towing and labor on a disabled vehicle (up to policy limits)
- Rental Reimbursement/Extended Transportation Expenses – If your vehicle gets damaged in a covered accident and cannot be driven for at least 24 hours, this will pay for your rental car
- Limited Ride Share Coverage Endorsement (IL and CO only) – independent contractors who work for companies like Uber and Lyft can get coverage for time spent driving between customers
- Responsible Driver Plan – a coverage package which includes accident forgiveness and minor violation forgiveness once each every 36 months
- Premier Responsible Driver Plan – includes everything in the basic plan plus a decreasing deductible which can lower your deductible by a maximum of $500 over 5 years for remaining accident free, as well as a Total Loss Deductible Waiver if your car is totaled in an accident
Comparing Travelers Insurance Quotes
Let’s take a brief moment to look at how different drivers covered by Travelers are charged based on their personal circumstances:
It appears as though Travelers is competitively priced when it comes to insurance premiums for high-risk drivers, such as drivers under the age of 25 and/or male motorists. But Travelers is known for providing good deals to safe drivers above all else. That means if you have accidents on your record currently, or traffic violations, you might have trouble getting these low rates from your local Travelers agent.
Pros and Cons of Travelers Insurance
|The company has been providing insurance for over 150 years||Some negative customer service reviews|
|Great value offered to drivers with no accident history||Can be much more expensive for drivers with accidents on their record|
|Insurance agents receive unique training from “Travelers Claim University”|
Odds are good that there’s a Travelers agent near you who can give you a competitively-priced auto insurance policy – if you are a good driver with a clean history and don’t plan on filing any claims anytime soon. Drivers with accident histories, however, might see a higher premium quote, may experience a rate hike at a later date, or have trouble getting a fair payout on their claim. Regardless, you should still compare Travelers to any other quotes from local providers that you can get your hands on.Corporate Headquarters
One Tower Square
Hartford, CT 06183