Harleysville Auto Insurance Review for 2022
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Harleysville Insurance Review
There are two things every automotive insurance customer should demand from their provider: strong financials, and good customer service. According to our data, Harleysville rates pretty highly in those categories. They have an A+ rating from A.M. Best, a financial ratings agency, and they have another rA+ rating from the BBB. Additionally, there have been no complaints filed against Harleysville within the last 3 years through the Better Business Bureau.
|AM Best Financial Rating (2016)||A+|
|Better Business Bureau (2016)||A+|
Harleysville Insurance Discounts
The vast majority of insurance companies try to attract new customers by offering money-saving discounts. Harleysville is no exception, and offers some interesting deals of their own:
|Discount Type*||Discount Amount|
|Multi-Car Discount||Up to 25% per car|
|Companion Credit (bundling)||10%|
|Anti-Theft Device||Up to 15% (Comprehensive Coverage)|
|Passive Restraints||Up to 30%|
|Anti-Lock Brake System||5% (Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability)|
|Driver Improvement||Up to 5% with certified training course|
Harleysville Auto Insurance Options
By law, Harleysville must provide you with the coverage you need in order to drive legally. This includes Liability coverage (both Property Damage and Bodily Injury) and whatever other form of coverage is required by your state. Beyond that, Harleysville offers the following extra types of coverage for purchase:
- Audio, visual and data electronic equipment: applies to any permanently installed electronic equipment in your vehicle, such as car phones, CDs, VCRs, personal computers, TVs, “scanners” and CB radios. Your tapes, records and discs are also covered
- Auto loan/lease coverage: Protect yourself against the difference between the amount due on a loan or lease and the actual cash value (before the damage occurs) of a “totaled” vehicle
- Covered property coverage: Protects permanently installed equipment inside camper trailers (such as cabinets, tables, and appliances) in a similar manner to your Comprehensive & Collision coverage
- Customizing equipment coverage: If you have a customized van or pickup, you can protect the special furnishings, equipment and decorations that aren’t included in your auto policy
- Extended transportation expenses: Pays for any costs associated with renting a temporary vehicle (or other modes of transportation) due to your disabled vehicle. Also covers any expenses associated with replacing the replacement vehicle (pending your legal responsibility)
- New car repair or replacement coverage: Purchase this coverage within 30 days of buying a brand new car in order to protect your vehicle in the event of a total loss accident within your first 5 years of ownership. The car will be replaced, minus the cost of the collision deductible, at no depreciation cost to you
- Towing and labor costs: With this coverage, we will pay up to $75 (depending upon the state in which you live) toward the costs of towing your disabled vehicle or repairing the car on the spot where it breaks down or is damaged.
Comparing Harleysville Insurance Quotes
Any company can promise that you’ll save this much money or get that special discount before they get your personal information. But when they find out about details such as your credit score, your driving record, or your age, those promises can fly out the window.
It’s hard to say why Harleysville’s estimated rates are all over the place the way they are in the chart above. Perhaps the young female student qualified for a Good Grades discount, and/or is being charged less because females are believed to be safer drivers. Similarly, the married couple may not be bundling their Homeowner’s insurance with Harleysville and missing out on a money-saving discount by doing so.
Pros and Cons of Harleysville Insurance
|Gives customers the freedom to create tailor-made insurance policies||Not available in all 50 states|
|Bundled insurance policies come with a single-pay occurrence deductible for multiple property damage||Higher than average insurance premiums in some areas|
Harleysville has been operating successfully in the insurance industry for a very long time. They have strong financial strength ratings, and a good reputation with their customers according to the Better Business Bureau. However, the benefits you can expect to receive, along with the rates you can expect to be charged, will vary significantly from one geographical area to another. Feel free to call a local Harleysville agent to see what they can offer you – but don’t forget to compare their quotes to other providers who want your business.Corporate Headquarters
One West Nationwide Boulevard 1-04-701
Columbus, OH 43215-2220