UPDATED: Sep 5, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
AutoinsuranceEZ.com Rating:Interestingly enough, Wawanesa insurance has its roots in Manitoba, Canada as a farmer’s mutual insurance provider. This was back in 1896 – but it didn’t cross south of the border into the US until 1974. Their very first policy was issued the following year, and now the company has grown to underwrite automotive policies in both California and Oregon. They also offer homeowners, condominium, and renters insurance.
Wawanesa Insurance Review
For the most part, Wawanesa’s ratings look fairly stable. They have a good financial strength rating from AM Best, and pretty good customer service ratings from the BBB and JD Power. However, it’s worth noting that over the past few years, their financial strength rating has slipped from a solid A to an A-, with a less-than-positive outlook on the horizon.
|JD Power Auto Insurance Study Award (2013)||Best in California|
|AM Best Financial Strength Rating (2016)||A-|
|Better Business Bureau Rating (2016)||A+|
|BBB Composite Score (2016)||3.72 out of 5 stars|
Wawanesa Insurance Discounts
Generic sentence about discounts ending with “including”:
- Good Driver Discount – receive a discount for your good driving behavior if you have gone 3 years without earning more than one point on your license and 10 years without a DUI conviction
- Multi-Car Discount – for policies that insure more than one vehicle. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver
- Mature Driver Improvement Discount – drivers over the age of 55 can take a California-approved mature driver improvement course to receive this discount. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver, and Comprehensive
- Driver Training Discount – if your license is fewer than two years old and you successfully complete a Driver Education and Driver Training course, you can qualify for this discount. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver, and Comprehensive
- Loyalty Discount – get rewarded for being a loyal customer if your policy is at least a year old. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver
Wawanesa Auto Insurance Options
When you buy a Wawanesa automotive insurance policy, you will be required to purchase at least Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability coverage, and in the minimum amounts that your state legally mandates. You can also consider adding the following optional coverages to your policy – just keep in mind that the more coverage you purchase, the more you will end up paying in monthly premiums:
- Automobile Medical Payments
- Comprehensive (includes fire & theft coverage)
- Roadside Assistance
- Rental Expense
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – Bodily Injury
- Uninsured Motorist – Property Damage
- Uninsured Motorist – Collision Waiver
Comparing Wawanesa Insurance Quotes
When comparing car insurance quotes, it’s helpful to have context. Without knowing what other companies near you are charging, or what other people are paying in regions that are similar to yours, you might end up getting a raw deal.