Wawanesa Auto Insurance Review for 2022
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Jun 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Wawanesa Insurance Review
For the most part, Wawanesa’s ratings look fairly stable. They have a good financial strength rating from AM Best, and pretty good customer service ratings from the BBB and JD Power. However, it’s worth noting that over the past few years, their financial strength rating has slipped from a solid A to an A-, with a less-than-positive outlook on the horizon.
|JD Power Auto Insurance Study Award (2013)||Best in California|
|AM Best Financial Strength Rating (2016)||A-|
|Better Business Bureau Rating (2016)||A+|
|BBB Composite Score (2016)||3.72 out of 5 stars|
Wawanesa Insurance Discounts
Generic sentence about discounts ending with “including”:
- Good Driver Discount – receive a discount for your good driving behavior if you have gone 3 years without earning more than one point on your license and 10 years without a DUI conviction
- Multi-Car Discount – for policies that insure more than one vehicle. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver
- Mature Driver Improvement Discount – drivers over the age of 55 can take a California-approved mature driver improvement course to receive this discount. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver, and Comprehensive
- Driver Training Discount – if your license is fewer than two years old and you successfully complete a Driver Education and Driver Training course, you can qualify for this discount. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver, and Comprehensive
- Loyalty Discount – get rewarded for being a loyal customer if your policy is at least a year old. Applies to all coverages except Roadside Assistance, Rental Expense, Uninsured Motorist coverage, and your Collision deductible waiver
Wawanesa Auto Insurance Options
When you buy a Wawanesa automotive insurance policy, you will be required to purchase at least Bodily Injury Liability and Property Damage Liability coverage, and in the minimum amounts that your state legally mandates. You can also consider adding the following optional coverages to your policy – just keep in mind that the more coverage you purchase, the more you will end up paying in monthly premiums:
- Automobile Medical Payments
- Comprehensive (includes fire & theft coverage)
- Roadside Assistance
- Rental Expense
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – Bodily Injury
- Uninsured Motorist – Property Damage
- Uninsured Motorist – Collision Waiver
Comparing Wawanesa Insurance Quotes
When comparing car insurance quotes, it’s helpful to have context. Without knowing what other companies near you are charging, or what other people are paying in regions that are similar to yours, you might end up getting a raw deal.
The graph above has information on average California prices, as well as other major population centers across the US. It may be difficult to obtain a quick, free quote from Wawanesa without having to first contact an agent and give them your personal information. If you do decide to go through the quote process with Wawanesa, at least you’ll have the information above on hand to compare with their offered price.
Pros and Cons of Wawanesa Insurance
|Information on policy coverage and limits is very clear and easy for customers to understand||Only available in California and Oregon (within the US)|
|Drivers with a clean history can find comparatively cheaper rates||Drivers with a poor driving history might be charged higher premiums|
Wawanesa is a small company that only operates in California and Oregon. They mostly do word-of-mouth business, and prefer to write policies for customers who have a clean driving record. Their financial strength and customer satisfaction seems to be pretty high, but there is a slightly negative financial outlook for the company according to AM Best. Still, if you live within their coverage area, it might be worth comparing their prices to at least 3-5 other local companies. And you can get fast, free quotes from those providers here at AutoInsuranceEZ.com.Corporate Headquarters
9050 Friars Road Suite 101
San Diego, CA 92108-5865