UPDATED: Mar 13, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Everyone loves saving cash on things they need to purchase. Car insurance is no exception. One easy way to save money on your vehicle insurance is to collect as many discounts as possible. And though the process may sound tedious, time-consuming, or even difficult, we can help you discover quick and easy discounts you can add to your policy today.
Many insurance providers offer multiple discounts, so it’s actually pretty simple to qualify for at least one or more. Start saving today with discount auto insurance that meets your needs and budget.
Discount Auto Insurance – 10 Easy Ways to Save Money
Changes in your life could allow you to qualify for more discounts – discounts that may not have been previously available to you. Here are some common events that may qualify you for extra discounts:
- Change jobs, move households: low mileage discount
- Student’s grades improve: good student discount
- Purchase a different vehicle: safety discount for air bags or anti-lock brakes
- Get married: multiple policy discount
- Retire or celebrate a birthday: mature driver discount (age 40 to 64)
- Graduate from college: college graduate discount
If you don’t believe us, just take a look at what drivers like you can save by doing their homework and searching for discounts which apply to them and their family members:
And YOU might be able to save even more! Keep reading to learn how.
Ask Your Agent about These Auto Insurance Discounts
- Multiple Policy – Combining your auto policy and renters, homeowners, RV, or condo policy with the same company can qualify you for a discount on your automobile insurance.
- Military Service – Whether you’re currently active, retired, or in the National Guard/Reserves, your service can earn you a 15% discount off your total insurance policy.
- Safe Driver – if you have a perfect (or nearly perfect) driving record, you can save money with a Safe Driver Discount on your vehicle insurance coverage
- Multi-Car – Interested in saving 25% off your car insurance policy? Try insuring more than one vehicle under your current policy and you may qualify for this money-saving discount.
- Good Student – high school or college students under the age of 25 with a B-average or higher can save up to 15% off their car insurance premiums.
- New Car– Are you thinking about buying a new car? Or have you purchased one recently (say, within the last three years)? Insurance companies love covering new automobiles. Old clunkers, while cheap to buy, are much more likely to break down or sustain serious damage in a collision. New cars, however, usually come equipped with the latest safety features and will run for tens of thousands of miles before you’ll need to make a claim.
One more note on new cars: if you’re planning to finance your new car purchase, your lender will likely require proof of insurance before processing your loan. This is the perfect time to ask your insurance provider about what insurance discounts your new vehicle will be eligible for. Enter your zip code to compare discount auto insurance rates in your area.
Just When You Thought You Couldn’t Save Anymore — Lower your Premiums with these Car Insurance Discounts
- Anti-Theft Device – If your vehicle has a built-in anti-theft device, you may qualify to save almost 25%. Usually, however, this discount only applies to the comprehensive portion of your policy.
- Passive Restraint – This discount can save you another 25%-40%, depending on whether you have airbags installed on the driver-side of your vehicle or full front seat airbags, respectively. And for those motorists who enjoy their seatbelts, prepare to save an additional 15% on your personal injury coverage.
- ABS – If your vehicle rolled off the assembly line with an anti-lock breaking system installed, get ready for a 5% collision discount off your auto insurance policy.
- Defensive Driving – If you take a defensive driving course, you may receive a discount on your car insurance premium. This can be especially helpful for drivers under the age of 25, over the age of 55, or motorists with a less than perfect driving record.