Military Auto Insurance
Military auto insurance — whether it's through one of the military auto insurance companies that work only with servicemembers, veterans, and their families or a company that insures anyone — is often cheaper. Not only is this a way that companies try to reward service but, more importantly to auto insurance companies, it reflects the training and experience that suggests military members are better than average drivers. If you aren't working with a company that only provides auto insurance to military personnel, you can get a military auto insurance discount nonetheless. Military members enjoy cheap car insurance compared to average drivers. If you are in the military or just want to get an auto insurance quote to find out about military auto insurance coverage, read on.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Nov 17, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We partner with top insurance providers. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Many insurance providers offer affordable military auto insurance. Many soldiers out there are probably aware of companies that exist solely to provide insurance products to US military service members and their families.
And it’s not just a “thank you” for serving your country; it’s a recognition of the maturity and responsibility that naturally comes with military training and military careers.
Unlike some discounts, military auto insurance discounts often apply no matter what auto insurance coverage options you select. To compare rates for military auto insurance coverage, use our FREE comparison tool right now.
Get Military Rate Discounts
Military service discounts go beyond active service members. Veterans, spouses, and the children of service members may qualify for military discounts on their auto insurance, too. But active service members can receive not only up to 15 percent off their military vehicle insurance policy, but additional benefits and services catered specifically to their unique circumstances.
Additionally, members of professional military organizations and associations could be eligible for discounts. Some of these include:
- Fleet Reserve Association
- Air Force Association
- Marine Corps League
- Navy Federal Credit Union
- Air Force Sergeants Association
- Association of the United States Army
- Pentagon Federal Credit Union
- National Military Family Association
- U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officers Association
Enter your ZIP code below to compare auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Military Car Insurance – Comparison Shopping
Military personnel have a variety of resources for finding affordable military car insurance. The Internet is an efficient way to find great auto insurance rates. Also, make sure you inform your insurance agent about your military status in order to get the best discounts. But don’t stop at the first favorable quote you get; shop around and compare rates.
Don't forget to take a good look at the following companies, because they have extensive experience catering specifically to military service members and their families:
- The United Services Automobile Association (USAA) specializes in providing affordable auto insurance for the military. They have a forgiveness policy that prevents your rates from going up, even if you have an accident (as long as you don’t put any other blemishes on your driving record for five years). They work well with unique military pay schedules and other specific needs that military jobs entail. USAA will work with you and your changing situation, regardless of whether you’re deployed or state-side. You can access your USAA account from anywhere (even your smartphone) and, unlike most companies, you may begin a USAA payment plan without needing to pay convenience fees or interest charges.
- Geico will provide you with a 15 percent discount to active duty members, retired military personnel, and National Guard members - whether retired or active. Geico provides affordable car insurance for the military whenever you’re deployed to imminent danger pay zones. Geico has a specialized Military Assistance Team made of former service personnel for service personnel. Geico also offers payment plans available with your insurance policy, along with 24-hour customer service.
- Armed Forces Insurance operates directly in 10 US states and cooperates with Progressive in another 28 to further service military personnel. The company is based out of Leavenworth and has a long history of providing insurance for servicemen and women. Unlike most insurance companies, Armed Forces Insurance is non-profit. If you can’t access customer service during regular business hours, you will have 24-hour access online. All you need is the proper paperwork to prove you received an honorable discharge. Widows, spouses, and children of military personnel also may qualify for military auto insurance.
Make sure that all insurance companies you are considering are licensed and visit the website of the NAIC (National Association of Insurance Commissioners) for more info.
To find rates for military auto insurance, use our FREE comparison tool.